Monday, January 16, 2006

Sunday 15th Jan: Recreational Avalanche Course Day 2

Today involved hiking up an untracked mountain, and performing some tests in snow to establish whether the conditions were safe. After hiking for two hours, and digging pits to establish slope stability and layers, we rode down the untracked terrain. The view and initial ride was awesome dude! However we then hit the trees and the wood was quite dense, so after falling into my 1000th tree well, I was pretty knackered by the time I reahed the bottom. I have noticed my legs getting stronger, yeah don't laugh, so I think the days are getting easier. Establishing progress is always good! The course finished about 1pm, at which point we all had a good meal and a drink, the food was probably just ok but it was very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment